Bishop Maginn High School is a Catholic, Diocesan, co-educational high school serving students in grades nine through twelve in the City of Albany and Greater Capital District Areas. Bishop Maginn provides a college preparatory program following the New York State Learning Standards and meeting the academic needs of a diverse student population.
The dedicated professional staff at Bishop Maginn High School integrates spiritual and moral values into the curriculum within a safe, structured and supportive learning environment. The school community embraces the traditions of its heritage schools, while instilling students with a sense of discipline and respect, as well as challenging them to achieve their greatest potential.
VISION AND BELIEFS
We believe that:
- The life and mission of Jesus Christ are the foundations of teaching and learning.
- The worth and dignity of every human being is inviolate and worthy of protection and respect.
- Education integrates spiritual and moral values into a supportive learning environment.
- Students learn acceptance through interactions among individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Students learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Fostering a family-like atmosphere contributes to a sense of belonging.
- All students have the right to an education in a safe, secure and caring environment.
- Teaching the creative process and an understanding of aesthetics adds value to student life.
Education builds better citizens that contribute to a stronger society